Upcoming Training & Registration Dates
All trainings are held in Pacific Time. Registration closes 7 business days prior to the training date at 5 PM. The self-study must be completed before attending the live training.
Trainings in English
- April 19, 9 AM – 1 PM | Registration is open
- May 17, 9 AM – 1 PM | Registration will open April 3
- June 21, 9 AM – 1 PM | Registration will open May 1
- July 19, 9 AM – 1 PM | Registration will open June 1
Trainings in Spanish: Comunicando Sobre las Vacunas Contra el COVID-19
Training Team Contact:
- Trainings in English: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Trainings in Spanish: vta.uc.vaxSpanish@gmail.com
Register on VTA+ Learn
Note: Please use Google Chrome to access the VTA+ Learn registration page and website.
Training Course Information
Audience/Who Should Register: Local Health Jurisdiction (LHJ) and state employees who will be working in the area of COVID-19 vaccine outreach and communication.
Length of Training: 3 hours of online self-study and 4 hours (one half day) of live webinars and skill development activities. The online self-study must be completed before coming to the live training.
- Provide accurate and non-judgmental answers to frequently asked questions about the safety, benefits, and availability of COVID-19 vaccines.
- Describe barriers to vaccination and facilitators of vaccination, especially among communities most impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Apply principles of health coaching, motivational interviewing, and cultural humility to support people with their decision-making around if, when, and how to get vaccinated.
Accommodations: Our goal is to create trainings that are accessible to people with disabilities. To request a reasonable accommodation or tell us about an accessiblity barrier, please email us at email@example.com.
Continuing Education Units (CEUs): UCSF Pandemic Initiative for Equity and Action is an approved provider of continuing education by the California State Board of Registered Nurses, Provider Number CEP 17635. This training is approved for up to 10 continuing education hours. Board requirements prevent us from offering CE credit to people who arrive more than 15 minutes after the start of the training or leave the training early. Therefore, partial credit will not be awarded. For questions about CEUs, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cancellation and Refund Policies: Please notify program team 48 hours before training date if you would like to cancel or reschedule. Classes are free of charge and no refund will be provided.
NOTE: Final training agenda available in the course on the VTA+ website.