This training is retired. This information is for historical reference only.
Audience/Who Should Register: Local Health Jurisdiction (LHJ) and state employees who are working as case investigators (CI) or contact tracers (CT).
Length of Training: 4-5 hours of self-study and 8 hours in a live webinar split between 2 days
- Recognize and understand how our lived experiences impact the work we do in our communities.
- Build rapport and relationships through effective listening and communication skills.
- Understand how to create egalitarian and reciprocal relationships with communities.
- Identify accommodations required for participation and share accessible information.
- Recognize and understand lived experiences of communities we serve to better provide recommendations, support and services.
- Identify, assess, and analyze how CI/CT can be advocates for communities and bridges between communities and public health staff with the goal of building stronger collaborations.
- Effectively engage with COVID-19 contacts through the practice of cultural humility strategies and techniques in order for contacts to successfully implement COVID-19 risk reduction recommendations.
- Demonstrate own growth towards cultural humility.
Cancellation and Refund Policies: Please notify program team 48 hours before training date if you would like to cancel or reschedule. Classes are free of charge and no refund will be provided.