Upcoming Training & Registration Dates
All trainings are held in Pacific Time. Registration closes 7 business days prior to the training date at 5 PM.
The 4-5 hour online self-study must be completed before attending the live training.
- May 24 to 25, 9 AM – 1 PM | Registration will open April 3
- July 26 to 27, 9 AM – 1 PM | Registration will open June 5
Training Team Contact:
Register on VTA+ Learn
Note: Please use Google Chrome to access the VTA+ Learn registration page and website.
Audience/Who Should Register: Local Health Jurisdiction (LHJ) and state employees who are working as case investigators (CI) or contact tracers (CT).
Length of Training: 4-5 hours of self-study and 8 hours in a live webinar split between 2 days
- Recognize and understand how our lived experiences impact the work we do in our communities.
- Build rapport and relationships through effective listening and communication skills.
- Understand how to create egalitarian and reciprocal relationships with communities.
- Identify accommodations required for participation and share accessible information.
- Recognize and understand lived experiences of communities we serve to better provide recommendations, support and services.
- Identify, assess, and analyze how CI/CT can be advocates for communities and bridges between communities and public health staff with the goal of building stronger collaborations.
- Effectively engage with COVID-19 contacts through the practice of cultural humility strategies and techniques in order for contacts to successfully implement COVID-19 risk reduction recommendations.
- Demonstrate own growth towards cultural humility.
Accommodations: Our goal is to create trainings that are accessible to people with disabilities. To request a reasonable accommodation or tell us about an accessiblity barrier, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Continuing Education Units (CEUs): UCSF Pandemic Initiative for Equity and Action is an approved provider of continuing education by the California State Board of Registered Nurses, Provider Number CEP 17635. This training is approved for up to 13 continuing education hours. Board requirements prevent us from offering CE credit to people who arrive more than 15 minutes after the start of the training or leave the training early. Therefore, partial credit will not be awarded. For questions about CEUs, please email: email@example.com.
Cancellation and Refund Policies: Please notify program team 48 hours before training date if you would like to cancel or reschedule. Classes are free of charge and no refund will be provided.
NOTE: Final training agenda available in the training on the VTA+ website.