Case Investigation & Contact Tracing
This training is retired. This information is for historical reference only.
This VTA flagship course has trained over 10,000 Covid-19 case investigators and contact tracers since 2020. In response to evolving disease intervention needs, CICT will be retired as a stand-alone course.
Interview skill training will be provided through the newly developed Essential Interviewing Skills for Disease Intervention training launching in February 2023. COVID-specific information will be transitioned to a disease-specific course which will be available in March or April 2023.
Audience/Who Should Register: Local Health Jurisdiction (LHJ) and state employees who will be working as case investigators (CI) or contact tracers (CT).
Length of Training: Approximately 6 hours of online self-study and 8 hours of live virtual skill development activities across 2 days.
- Effectively communicate standardized recommendations and policies about isolation, quarantine, testing, and social support.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the key components of a case investigation and contact tracing interview
- Conduct a case investigation or contact tracing interview, with the support of a script
- Apply motivational interviewing and health coaching techniques during case investigation and contact tracing interviews
- Apply best practices of maintaining confidentiality
Cancellation and Refund Policies: Please notify program team 48 hours before training date if you would like to cancel or reschedule. Classes are free of charge and no refund will be provided.
NOTE: Final training agenda available in the training on the VTA+ website.