The goal of this training is to provide public health workers in California with a basic knowledge of epidemiologic indicators and analysis to inform public health practice. Learners will be exposed to basic concepts of data collection and use. Topics will cover systematic frameworks of disease control, calculation of basic epidemiologic indicators, descriptive analytic techniques using excel, and data visualization for public health use. By taking this course, learners will build confidence in working with data and analyzing data.
This training includes one, 4-hour live training webinar.
Upcoming Training & Registration Dates
Registration closes 3 business days prior to the training date at 5 PM. You must register for the live webinar and each learning collaborative separately.
All live webinars will be held from 1 PM to 5 PM.
- Wednesday, November 15
- Wednesday, December 13
Register on CPPR Learn
Note: Please use Google Chrome to access the CPPR Learn registration page and website.
Training Course Information
Audience/Who Should Register: Local Health Jurisdiction (LHJ) and state employees who work in disease investigation and/or control.
Length of Training: This training includes one, 4-hour live training webinar.
- Understand how epidemiology fits into public health practice in California.
- Define systematic framework approaches to disease control in California.
- Identify the role of disease surveillance in public health practice.
- Calculate incident and prevalent disease indicators.
- Practice using calculated disease indicators to inform public health knowledge and response.
Cancellation and Refund Policies: Please notify program team 48 hours before training date if you would like to cancel or reschedule. Classes are free of charge and no refund will be provided.